Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Q: Retrieve Selected Text from TextField

Q: Retrieve Selected Text from TextField

Soul

Hi,

In ASP.Net page, Is there a way to retrieve those selected text from a
normal TextField? For example, I have a multi-line TextField for user to
enter some text. There is also a Button if user click on it after selected a
text from the TextField, it will add something in front and after the
selected text.

Thank you.

--
Soul

Alessandro Zifiglio

Yes, you can do this on the client in javascript. Can be done on the server
in asp.net ;P

"Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> In ASP.Net page, Is there a way to retrieve those selected text from a
> normal TextField? For example, I have a multi-line TextField for user to
> enter some text. There is also a Button if user click on it after selected

> text from the TextField, it will add something in front and after the
> selected text.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Soul

Soul

Can you show me how can I do this on server site? I found that the
SelectedText method only available for TextField in WinForm but not in
WebForm.

Thank you.

--
Soul

"Alessandro Zifiglio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:OlxOb.4753$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Yes, you can do this on the client in javascript. Can be done on the
server
| in asp.net ;P
|
| "Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Hi,
| >
| > In ASP.Net page, Is there a way to retrieve those selected text from a
| > normal TextField? For example, I have a multi-line TextField for user to
| > enter some text. There is also a Button if user click on it after
selected
| > text from the TextField, it will add something in front and after the
| > selected text.
| >
| > Thank you.
| >
| > --
| > Soul

Alessandro Zifiglio

oops, correction : cannot* be done server side. That was a typo error ;P
You have to resort to javascript to accomplish what you want

"Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you show me how can I do this on server site? I found that the
> SelectedText method only available for TextField in WinForm but not in
> WebForm.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Soul
>

> "Alessandro Zifiglio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:OlxOb.4753$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Yes, you can do this on the client in javascript. Can be done on the
> server
> | in asp.net ;P
> |
> | "Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > Hi,
> | >
> | > In ASP.Net page, Is there a way to retrieve those selected text from a
> | > normal TextField? For example, I have a multi-line TextField for user

> | > enter some text. There is also a Button if user click on it after
> selected
> | > text from the TextField, it will add something in front and after the
> | > selected text.
> | >
> | > Thank you.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Soul

How to get or set the text of a textfield? Anthony Papillion Python 5 07-11-2011 02:24 PM
Text in textfield Willy HTML 5 11-15-2006 06:48 PM
Add text or tag to textfield Henry Wiz ASP General 1 04-26-2004 04:09 PM
Q: Retrieve Selected Text from TextField Soul ASP .Net 0 01-18-2004 12:28 PM
Can't retrieve selected text/value of SelectionList after submit - URGENT domchik ASP .Net Mobile 1 09-04-2003 01:32 PM

Advertisments