Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Credit Card Payments?

Credit Card Payments?

nm

Hi,

I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process also
being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.

I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The things
I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.

What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
level.

Thank you!

Dan Brussee

>I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
>develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
>cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process also
>being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
>have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
>client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
>manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
>
>I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
>credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The things
>I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
>where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
>
>What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
>payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
>level.

Payflow is exactly what you are looking for. Although they will link
with existing shopping cart systems, in the end, all you need to do is
pass them the information you have collected, let the user fill in the
credit card info on their site (or if you absolutely must, collect the
cc info yourself and pass that too) and let them verify the card and
charge it.

What you then want to do is have a postback to your site passing the
verification information back. You can have an order ID passed to it
and back along with the verification to link back up with the order
number.

Works well on the site that I used it for.

Dan Brussee

>I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
>develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
>cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process also
>being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
>have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
>client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
>manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
>
>I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
>credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The things
>I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
>where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
>
>What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
>payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
>level.

Oh... check out PayPal too. They do not require a PayPal account for
the purchaser any more. Cool!

Ron Vecchi

I've worked with link LinkPoint and Authorize.Net. Authorize.Net is the
best that I've encoutered.

"nm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
> develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
> cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process

also
> being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
> have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
> client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
> manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
>
> I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
> credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The

things
> I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
> where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
>
> What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
> payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
> level.
>
> Thank you!

DM McGowan II

"nm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
> develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
> cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process

also
> being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
> have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
> client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
> manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
>
> I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
> credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The

things
> I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
> where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
>
> What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
> payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
> level.
>
> Thank you!

I've used both LinkPoint and PayPal APIs and IMHO they are very compatible
and PayPal's is free.

Rick Spiewak

If you want to go to the next step and establish a merchant account, I've
had good experience with Nova. You can contact:

Daryl Pogue
Sales
Nova Merchant Services
United States of America
(404) 441-5630 (business)
(866) 764-8332 x8545 (business)
(770) 505-8405 (fax)

Their viaKlix interface is quite straightforward, and the rates are
reasonable (depending on volume, of course...).

"nm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
> develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
> cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process

also
> being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
> have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
> client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
> manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
>
> I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
> credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The

things
> I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
> where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
>
> What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
> payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
> level.
>
> Thank you!

nm

Ooooo okay. When I went through the PayFlow tour on their site it didn't
really explain it like that made it sound more like they give you some "plug
in" for your pre fab shopping cart crap, like if you used some push button
Dreamweaver shopping cart system. And I didnt see .NET in the list so
figured there was no solution. If Payflow just takes a post and sends back
confirmation, that kind of thing, great! I assume the "docs" you get are
thorough when you sign up? Also is this with the Payflow Link (the cheap
one) or only with the higher end version?

Thanks again

"Dan Brussee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework.

> >develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have

shopping
> >cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process

also
> >being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
> >have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
> >client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
> >manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
> >
> >I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
> >credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The

things
> >I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
> >where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
> >
> >What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
> >payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
> >level.

> Payflow is exactly what you are looking for. Although they will link
> with existing shopping cart systems, in the end, all you need to do is
> pass them the information you have collected, let the user fill in the
> credit card info on their site (or if you absolutely must, collect the
> cc info yourself and pass that too) and let them verify the card and
> charge it.
>
> What you then want to do is have a postback to your site passing the
> verification information back. You can have an order ID passed to it
> and back along with the verification to link back up with the order
> number.
>
> Works well on the site that I used it for.

nm

So does this mean someone could use "Paypal"s services, by way of integrated
API's in your .NET custom built shopping cart, supplying only normal credit
card information, without having to setup a Paypal account or fill in more
information than a normal credit card purchase? If so, sounds pretty decent
as another poster said their API is nice. Can anyone post an example of just
a few lines of code to give me an idea of what it's like to work with these
APIs?

Also, I assume there's a fee to setup the merchant account, a fee to setup
the Paypal or Payflow Link once, and then a per transaction fee for both?

"Dan Brussee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework.

> >develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have

shopping
> >cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process

also
> >being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
> >have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
> >client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
> >manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
> >
> >I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
> >credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The

things
> >I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
> >where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
> >
> >What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
> >payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
> >level.
> >

> Oh... check out PayPal too. They do not require a PayPal account for
> the purchaser any more. Cool!

Guoqi Zheng

I am in Holland, I have been using bibit.com for a long time. You need to
use XML to communicate with them...

--
Kind regards

Guoqi Zheng
guoqi AT meetholland dot com
Http://www.meetholland.com

"nm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
> develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
> cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process

also
> being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
> have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
> client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
> manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
>
> I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
> credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The

things
> I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
> where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
>
> What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
> payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
> level.
>
> Thank you!

Eric M

Take a look at the IP*Works! CC ICharge .NET component - www.nsoftware.com. It
allows you to easily add credit card transaction processing with just about
every major Internet payment gateway.

The components provide the same
interface to all of the payment gateways, so if one of them raises their rates,
or provides poor service, you can switch providers without having to change any
of your credit card processing code.

-Eric

-

Credit Card Validation Grant ASP .Net 6 07-21-2003 02:00 PM
Credit card integration Florian Marinoiu ASP .Net 2 07-16-2003 03:25 PM
Credit card processing redstar Perl 0 07-11-2003 07:38 AM

Advertisments