Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Arrays as Control Properties

Arrays as Control Properties

Roman Puttkammer

Is there any way of using arrays (of primitive types or non-primitive types)
as properties for controls? Both directly on the control or nested in other
types?

I tried everything from PropertyDescriptor, over TypeConverters to
InstanceDescriptors. Now I'm looking at the CodeDomSerializer, but the
respective attribute can only be set on types (classes & interfaces.)
I cannot modify that attribute for built-in array types such as string[].

I reason for what I'm doing is that I have business code that provides
a wide range of query parameters and classes that group those. I would
like to directly include those classes with the controls. However, being unable
to modify the class definitions, I have to describe these serialization of these
classes (and their nested properties) solely through TypeDescriptors.
Many of these classes use arrays of primitive types.