Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Domain Names registration.

Domain Names registration.

Lazo Basic

Hi all,

Could you help me please, I'm looking to register domain name. Which is the
best and cheapest way to do this, which are the best companies on the net.

What I need is domain name for example www.smith.com and to be able to
assign mail boxes to it like http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) etc. Also I need to be able to
update site from home direct without going through someone else. Needs to
include features like ASP, Pearl etc.. Support.

Thank you for your help.

--
Lazo Basic
e-mail: Lazo(at)blueyonder.co.uk

Scott M.

Domain Name Registration is not the same thing as Web Site Hosting
(allthough some registrars do web hosting and some hosts do registration).

You can do a google.search for web hosting and find hundreds of companies
that can do this for you. You really need to be more specific about your
needs. Virtually all hosting services will offer you email accounts will
aliasing but what about:

hard drive storage size required for your site and supporting files
bandwith requirements
platform you want to have it hosted on
supporting technoloiges (asp, .NET, .php, Java, etc.)
What machines will host the site?
Are they backed up? How often?
Is there tech. support? What kind? When is it accessible?

"Lazo Basic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>

> Could you help me please, I'm looking to register domain name. Which is

the
> best and cheapest way to do this, which are the best companies on the net.
>

> What I need is domain name for example www.smith.com and to be able to
> assign mail boxes to it like (E-Mail Removed) etc. Also I need to be able to
> update site from home direct without going through someone else. Needs to
> include features like ASP, Pearl etc.. Support.
>

> Thank you for your help.
>

> --
> Lazo Basic
> e-mail: Lazo(at)blueyonder.co.uk
> (Please remove the NO.THANKS. in the reply to address)

David

Hi,

You can register domains at http://www.FOCUSPortals.com or
http://www.revilloc.com

We can also do hosting, though not .NET yet.

Best regards,
Dave Colliver.