Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Datagrid with new column for each row in databtable - is it possible?

Datagrid with new column for each row in databtable - is it possible?

James Radke

Hello,

I am creating an asp.net web page (using VB.NET) and would like to have the
following format:

column 1 column 2 column 3 ....

Lane 1 2
Width xx xx
Yards xx xx
Breaks xx xx
QC (dropdownlist) (list) (list)
RC (dropdownlist) (list) (list)

Each time I select a series to display, there can be 1 to (xx) lanes to be
displayed (I plan on putting the control within a DIV with the width set to
allow a scroll.....).

What I want to know, is if there a way to create a datagrid (or other .net
control such as repeater / datalist) that will allow me to dynamically
create a new COLUMN for each row of data in my table versus creating a new
row for each row of data in the table as the datagrid currently does so I
can create such a display?

If there is, does anyone have any examples to share?

Thanks!

Jim

MSFT

Hi Jim,

You may take a look following article to see if it will help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cpref/html/
frlrfSystemWebUIWebControlsDataGridColumnCollectio nClassAddTopic.asp

This article discuss about Add Method of DataGridColumnCollection class. We
can add a column dynamically via it.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security