Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > I want a deeptree control

I want a deeptree control

Bob the coder

For the longest time I have been searching for a robust
lightweight tree control for my websites. Most html tree
controls that are freely (or not) available are next to
useless. Don't get me started on those hideously clunky
postback controls with a viewstate from hell...

The only one that does what I want is the one that you are
looking at right now. The MSDN's deeptree control is a
very clean, fast, flexible, loads XML as needed and
frankly is *exactly* what I am looking for.

I have taken bit 'n pieces from the web before.

Are there any plans to package this up as a dotNet control
with the relevant support classes.

Is there somehow I can legally use this control for my
personal website, for use in my clients' internet and
intranet projects.

Bob the Coder

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hey Bob,

Not only do they offer the code, they tell you how to use it:

Online Carpentry: Crafting a New MSDN Table of Contents

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ml/msdntoc.asp

"Bob the coder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:074c01c3ba1b$3e8a24f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For the longest time I have been searching for a robust
> lightweight tree control for my websites. Most html tree
> controls that are freely (or not) available are next to
> useless. Don't get me started on those hideously clunky
> postback controls with a viewstate from hell...
>
> The only one that does what I want is the one that you are
> looking at right now. The MSDN's deeptree control is a
> very clean, fast, flexible, loads XML as needed and
> frankly is *exactly* what I am looking for.
>
> I have taken bit 'n pieces from the web before.
>
> Are there any plans to package this up as a dotNet control
> with the relevant support classes.
>
> Is there somehow I can legally use this control for my
> personal website, for use in my clients' internet and
> intranet projects.
>
> Bob the Coder

Bob the Coder

Most Excellent.