Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > DataGrid with ViewState disabled

DataGrid with ViewState disabled

Melvyn

Hi,

I am listing the data from a SQLServer database to an aspx
page using DataGrid.

I call the binding function on the Page_PreRender event so
that I dont need to call the binding function everytime
for Page Index change or Sorting.

Now when I disable the ViewState, the Paging does not work
because PageIndexChanged event does not fire.

Now I need to disable the Viewstate to reduce network
traffic towards client side and I am binding the grid
everytime in the Page_PreRender event. But with ViewState
disabled my Paging does not work, is there any way to work
around this.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Melvyn

chris_shi@yahoo.com

I believe you need to rebind the datagrid in either Page_Init or
Page_Load because the pageindexchanged event is handled after Page_Load
and before Page_PreRender.