Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Control confusion

Control confusion

Erik J Sawyer

I am creating a feedback survey for internal users. The
questions are stored in SQL Server, and presented as
checkboxes at runtime (for flexibility, I use individual
checkboxes, not a checkboxlist). I create each checkbox
with a unique sequential ID, and use a hidden field to
store the number of questions.

The problem I'm having is this: at postback, I know how
many questions there were at form creation (via the
Hidden control). I can even get the checkbox check
values from the Form collection. However, I can't
correlate the checkboxes back to the question ID in SQL
Server. I've tried using a custom value in the
Attributes collection of the checkbox, but I can't figure
out how to retrieve it at postback.

Any suggestions? Am I taking the wrong approach?

Thanks,
Erik J Sawyer