Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > IE WebControls

IE WebControls

Anthony Fine

Hello All,

This may sound like a trivial question, but here goes. I am using the
treeview control from the IE WebControls, and cannot get it to display
correctly. When I am in design view, it shows up correctly, but when I run
the page, all of the nodes show up as plain text. I read somewhere that the
Framework v1.1 does support the IE WebControls v1.0, and that there is a
v1.1 of the WebControls. I originally had VS.NET 2002 installed, and
recently changed to 2003. I uninstalled VS, and then the Framework beforing
installing 2003. At that point, I ran "aspnet_regiis.exe -i", and then
compiled the WebControls using "csc.exe" from the v1.1 Framework directory.
I am not sure what else to do. Again, the control looks correct in design
view, but that's it. Please help, I am at wits end.

Thanks,

Anthony

Alvin Bruney

The web controls rely on htc files to obtain their behavior or rendering
qualities. These htc file must be in the root web folder at this path
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1.x Consult the docs for more specifics.

regards

--

-----------
Got TidBits?
"Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All,
>
> This may sound like a trivial question, but here goes. I am using the
> treeview control from the IE WebControls, and cannot get it to display
> correctly. When I am in design view, it shows up correctly, but when I

run
> the page, all of the nodes show up as plain text. I read somewhere that

the
> Framework v1.1 does support the IE WebControls v1.0, and that there is a
> v1.1 of the WebControls. I originally had VS.NET 2002 installed, and
> recently changed to 2003. I uninstalled VS, and then the Framework

beforing
> installing 2003. At that point, I ran "aspnet_regiis.exe -i", and then
> compiled the WebControls using "csc.exe" from the v1.1 Framework

directory.
> I am not sure what else to do. Again, the control looks correct in design
> view, but that's it. Please help, I am at wits end.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anthony

Anthony Fine

Alvin,

Thanks so much for the help. That worked great. When I originally
installed the controls and setup the directories, I thought that the
webctrl_client folder just had to be at the root of the virtual directory,
not the root of the website.

Thanks again,
Anthony

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The web controls rely on htc files to obtain their behavior or rendering
> qualities. These htc file must be in the root web folder at this path
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1.x Consult the docs for more specifics.
>
> regards
>
> --
>

> -----------
> Got TidBits?
> Get it here: www.networkip.net/tidbits
> "Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello All,
> >
> > This may sound like a trivial question, but here goes. I am using the
> > treeview control from the IE WebControls, and cannot get it to display
> > correctly. When I am in design view, it shows up correctly, but when I

> run
> > the page, all of the nodes show up as plain text. I read somewhere that

> the
> > Framework v1.1 does support the IE WebControls v1.0, and that there is a
> > v1.1 of the WebControls. I originally had VS.NET 2002 installed, and
> > recently changed to 2003. I uninstalled VS, and then the Framework

> beforing
> > installing 2003. At that point, I ran "aspnet_regiis.exe -i", and then
> > compiled the WebControls using "csc.exe" from the v1.1 Framework

> directory.
> > I am not sure what else to do. Again, the control looks correct in

design
> > view, but that's it. Please help, I am at wits end.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Anthony

Alvin Bruney

glad to know that it worked for you. Asp 2.0 gets rid of all that though so
things will change again for the better.

regards

--

-----------
Got TidBits?
Get it here: www.networkip.net/tidbits
"Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alvin,
>
> Thanks so much for the help. That worked great. When I originally
> installed the controls and setup the directories, I thought that the
> webctrl_client folder just had to be at the root of the virtual directory,
> not the root of the website.
>
> Thanks again,
> Anthony
>
> "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The web controls rely on htc files to obtain their behavior or rendering
> > qualities. These htc file must be in the root web folder at this path
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1.x Consult the docs for more

specifics.

> > regards
> >
> > --
> >

> > -----------
> > Got TidBits?
> > Get it here: www.networkip.net/tidbits
> > "Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > This may sound like a trivial question, but here goes. I am using the
> > > treeview control from the IE WebControls, and cannot get it to display
> > > correctly. When I am in design view, it shows up correctly, but when

> > run
> > > the page, all of the nodes show up as plain text. I read somewhere

that
> > the
> > > Framework v1.1 does support the IE WebControls v1.0, and that there is

> > > v1.1 of the WebControls. I originally had VS.NET 2002 installed, and
> > > recently changed to 2003. I uninstalled VS, and then the Framework

> > beforing
> > > installing 2003. At that point, I ran "aspnet_regiis.exe -i", and

then
> > > compiled the WebControls using "csc.exe" from the v1.1 Framework

> > directory.
> > > I am not sure what else to do. Again, the control looks correct in

> design
> > > view, but that's it. Please help, I am at wits end.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Anthony

Todd

Here is where I am stuck. I NEED the webctrl_client folder under the virtual
directory. I'm on a shared server and cannot place this directory under the
root of the web site. Someone mentioned that there is a config setting that
might help but I can't find it. The WebControls are useless to me unless I
can place the supporting files into a virtual directory subdirectory.

<Todd />

"Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alvin,
>
> Thanks so much for the help. That worked great. When I originally
> installed the controls and setup the directories, I thought that the
> webctrl_client folder just had to be at the root of the virtual directory,
> not the root of the website.
>
> Thanks again,
> Anthony
>
> "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The web controls rely on htc files to obtain their behavior or rendering
> > qualities. These htc file must be in the root web folder at this path
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1.x Consult the docs for more

specifics.

> > regards
> >
> > --
> >

> > -----------
> > Got TidBits?
> > Get it here: www.networkip.net/tidbits
> > "Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > This may sound like a trivial question, but here goes. I am using the
> > > treeview control from the IE WebControls, and cannot get it to display
> > > correctly. When I am in design view, it shows up correctly, but when

> > run
> > > the page, all of the nodes show up as plain text. I read somewhere

that
> > the
> > > Framework v1.1 does support the IE WebControls v1.0, and that there is

> > > v1.1 of the WebControls. I originally had VS.NET 2002 installed, and
> > > recently changed to 2003. I uninstalled VS, and then the Framework

> > beforing
> > > installing 2003. At that point, I ran "aspnet_regiis.exe -i", and

then
> > > compiled the WebControls using "csc.exe" from the v1.1 Framework

> > directory.
> > > I am not sure what else to do. Again, the control looks correct in

> design
> > > view, but that's it. Please help, I am at wits end.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Anthony

Todd

I found the following information in a post I found on a forum hosted by
www.asp.net.

There is a reference to the "webctrl_client" folder in the source file:
C:\Program Files\IE Web Controls\src\BaseRichControl.cs

If you need the webctrl_client folder to be under a virtual directory just
change the code from:
private const string DefaultCommonFilesRoot = "/webctrl_client/";
to:
private const string DefaultCommonFilesRoot =
"/VirtualDIR/webctrl_client/";

Then:
1. Recompile Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll.
2. Move the newly compiled DLL back into the bin directory (or just use
VS.NET to register it in your project).
3. Move the webctrl_client folder under your VirtualDIR.
4. Change the SystemImagesPath and ImageURL properties on the ASPX page to
point at the new directory.

<Todd />

"Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here is where I am stuck. I NEED the webctrl_client folder under the

virtual
> directory. I'm on a shared server and cannot place this directory under

the
> root of the web site. Someone mentioned that there is a config setting

that
> might help but I can't find it. The WebControls are useless to me unless I
> can place the supporting files into a virtual directory subdirectory.
>
> <Todd />
>
> "Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Alvin,
> >
> > Thanks so much for the help. That worked great. When I originally
> > installed the controls and setup the directories, I thought that the
> > webctrl_client folder just had to be at the root of the virtual

directory,
> > not the root of the website.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Anthony
> >
> > "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote

in
> > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > The web controls rely on htc files to obtain their behavior or

rendering
> > > qualities. These htc file must be in the root web folder at this path
> > > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1.x Consult the docs for more

> specifics.
> > >
> > > regards
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > > -----------
> > > Got TidBits?
> > > Get it here: www.networkip.net/tidbits
> > > "Anthony Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

the

display

when