Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ASP.NET & Dynamically generating controls or an Entire Page from ASP.NET Script

ASP.NET & Dynamically generating controls or an Entire Page from ASP.NET Script

Chris Lane

Hi,

I am still a newbie to ASP.NET. So far I have seen nothing
about dynamically creating controls on a WebForm at
runtime or about creating the entire page from asp script
by writing the HTML out from ASP.NET Script.
This was the beauty of classic ASP and I don't see how
this works in .NET at all. I have looked for examples like
this but must not be looking in the right place cause I
can't find any. So far all I have seen is allot of fluff
about the new things that you can do in .NET. I mean
anybody can drop some controls on to a webform and bind
them to a datasource. I need real world functionality.

Is any of this possible?
Are there any tutorials or examples like this out there?
Is it possible to reposition a HTML Server control or a
Web Control on the webform at runtime?

Thanks

Hermit Dave

download the lastest framework sdk... and get some decent
books.... look up asp.net sites..... i know what u meant
by the beauty of classic asp and tell you what....
asp.net is great....
HD