Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Setting Value for password field

Setting Value for password field

Eric Elliston

I am trying to pull a value out of a database and set a textbox to the
value. Well, when the textmode it password, it won't set it. is there some
sort of encryption i have to use to make this work? thanks!

Eric

S Gopikrishna

If you have to show password back to the user try setting
the TextMode to 'text' . In this case the user can see
his password and reset it if he wants to.

-Gopi

Joe Gass

Think this might work
txtPassword.attributes.add("value","thepassword")

"Eric Elliston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to pull a value out of a database and set a textbox to the
> value. Well, when the textmode it password, it won't set it. is there

some
> sort of encryption i have to use to make this work? thanks!
>

> Eric

Eric Elliston

Worked great!