Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > When to use Panel or Placeholder Controls??

When to use Panel or Placeholder Controls??

SortaNorth

I'm trying to determine when it is appropriate to use a placeholder control
as opposed to a panel control. With all the documentation I have seen they
sound like they do the same thing. One text describes the placeholder as
allowing you to add controls dynamically and the next example it gives uses
the panel to add controls dynamically. How do I know when to use which most
effectively?

Thanks for any insights here!

Dick

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

Difference is that PlaceHolder is replaced by the added controls and there's
no indication in rendering that those controls are inside a PlaceHolder but
with Panel they appear inside <DIV> element (Panel is rendered as <DIV>).

--
Teemu Keiski