Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Problems with viewing inheriting Properties in VS.NET design time

Problems with viewing inheriting Properties in VS.NET design time

Dann Pool

Hi,

I've been having problems with the visibility of Properties that i
have been adding with my code at design time.

I have code which resembles the following:

public abstract class AbstractBob : WebControl
{
private string text;

[Browsable (true),
Category ("Stuff")]
public string Text
{
get { return this.text; }
set { this.text = value; }
}

//Blah ...
}

public class Bob : AbstractBob
{
//Blah ...
}

Inheritance seems to work fine and all the properties are available
within the code. However, the properties defined aren't appearing in
the properties tab of VS.NET.

I think that it might be to do with the fact that I originally derive
from WebControl.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.