Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > dropdown list as child control - accessing the selection

dropdown list as child control - accessing the selection

Cathryn Lindner

have a label that I am adding a dropdownlist to on the pageload event. I
need to grab the value of the selected item from the dropdownlist. How
do I do this?

on the asp page:
<asp:Label id="lblStates" style="DISPLAY: none" Runat="server"
Width="50"></asp:Label>

on the page_load event

Dim ddlStates As New StateList

ddlStates.DisplayType = StateList.EDisplayType.StateCodePlusName

lblStates.Controls.Add(ddlStates)

Anyone have any ideas? I can't do lblStates.txt.

Thanks