Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ControlBuilders and Templates

ControlBuilders and Templates

Geoff Taylor

Hi,

How do I run a ControlBuilder inside a template?

Say I have a tag derived from DataList. I want to be able to use the
ControlBuilder to allow the page developer to use special tags. For
example:

<opgeek:Tasks runat="server" ...>
<ItemTemplate>
<TaskLink><Title/><TaskLink>
Due: <b><DueDate/></b>
</ItemTemplate>
</opgeek:Tasks>

I can happily use a ControlBuilder to interpret TaskLink, Title, etc. if
they're inside a control of mine (I just set the
ControlBuilderAttribute). But I can't figure out how to do it if the
tags are within a template such as ItemTemplate.

Any ideas?

Geoff

Templates: "implicit typename is deprecated" error and typedef'ing templates Generic Usenet Account C++ 3 07-14-2005 08:02 PM
Templates templates templates JKop C++ 3 07-21-2004 11:44 AM
ControlBuilders and Templates Geoff Taylor ASP .Net Building Controls 2 11-12-2003 07:08 PM
ControlBuilders and Templates Geoff Taylor ASP .Net Building Controls 0 11-01-2003 07:06 PM

Advertisments