Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Help! How do I hide or override property/category display under webcontrols?

Help! How do I hide or override property/category display under webcontrols?

lavey

greetings everyone,

I have search throughout the net but still no luck... ok what I am facing
here is that...
how do I hide or override property/category display under webcontrols?

do I have to hardcode it myself just like the following codes? cos but
default, there's lot of properties to override.
and also.. its there a direct method to hide certain category?
[Bindable(true),Category("Appearance"),Browsable(fa lse)]
public override System.Drawing.Color BorderColor
{
get
{
return base.BorderColor;
}
set
{
base.BorderColor = value;
}
}

please advise,
Nigil

HD

if you have too many properties to over ride and a few to use, i would
suggest inheriting from control instead of webcontrol.
Which means you dont get any and you just start adding whatever you need.

"lavey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> greetings everyone,
>
> I have search throughout the net but still no luck... ok what I am facing
> here is that...
> how do I hide or override property/category display under webcontrols?
>
> do I have to hardcode it myself just like the following codes? cos but
> default, there's lot of properties to override.
> and also.. its there a direct method to hide certain category?
> [Bindable(true),Category("Appearance"),Browsable(fa lse)]
> public override System.Drawing.Color BorderColor
> {
> get
> {
> return base.BorderColor;
> }
> set
> {
> base.BorderColor = value;
> }
> }
>

> please advise,
> Nigil

Nigil LaVey

Hi HD,

Thanks man.. u saved me lots of codings.. thanks
one more thing... can I set the order of the property?
say like

TestColor
BorderColor

instead of
BorderColor
TestColor

cos by default it just order by Alphabetical

public override System.Drawing.Color BorderColor
{
get
{
return base.BorderColor;
}
set
{
base.BorderColor = value;
}
}

public override System.Drawing.Color TestColor
{
get
{
return base.BorderColor;
}
set
{
base.BorderColor = value;
}
}

regards,
Nigil

"HD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> if you have too many properties to over ride and a few to use, i would
> suggest inheriting from control instead of webcontrol.
> Which means you dont get any and you just start adding whatever you need.
>
> "lavey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > greetings everyone,
> >
> > I have search throughout the net but still no luck... ok what I am

facing
> > here is that...
> > how do I hide or override property/category display under webcontrols?
> >
> > do I have to hardcode it myself just like the following codes? cos but
> > default, there's lot of properties to override.
> > and also.. its there a direct method to hide certain category?
> > [Bindable(true),Category("Appearance"),Browsable(fa lse)]
> > public override System.Drawing.Color BorderColor
> > {
> > get
> > {
> > return base.BorderColor;
> > }
> > set
> > {
> > base.BorderColor = value;
> > }
> > }
> >

> > please advise,
> > Nigil

HD

hello Nigil,

Not sure about that. You could try binding them to say a category. That
would help position 'em in group but they will still be show in A->Z format
in property box. Dont think there's a parameter in the Bindable attribute
construct. Sorry bout that

Regards,

HD
news:(E-Mail Removed)...