Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Paging doesn't work if datagrid is built in code behind

Paging doesn't work if datagrid is built in code behind

Bernard O'Flynn

Hi
I've also posted this to the datagrid newsgroup and have had no response.
There is also a post from another user with the same issue with no response.

I have a text box which is used to accept a search term. The user clicks a
button and the results are displayed in a datagrid.
Because I need to use .Net localization, I cannot define the datagrid
columns and headers in the aspx page - I have to do it in the code behind.
If I build up the datagrid in the code behind paging doesn't work. I get the
first page and when I click on the forward arrows then:
a) the paging event doesn't fire
b) the datagrid disappears

Can any one help please?

Thanks