Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > datagrid webcontrol

datagrid webcontrol

wilson

i have a datagrid control in my webform which i am using
for filling data and i want to put one submit button,
webform button control, at the bottom of the datagrid.
but my problem is i don't know how many records will be
displayed in the datagrid. so i am not able to find the
location for putting the submit button. sometimes there
may be 10 entries, sometime there may be 50 entries in the
datagrid. so the datagrid size varies. i mean the
height.. so is there any way to get the height of the
datagrid so that i can put the submit button at the bottom
of the grid.

in short, i want the button to be always at the bottom of
the grid irrespective of the number of records in the
grid..

thanks
bye
wills

Hi Wilson,

If you place your data grid in am HTML table (in a TR and
then in a TD), and place your button in that same table
in another row (TR), it should always be at the bottom.

Also, a neat way of controling the height or to "contain"
you data grid is to put it within a <div> tag, set its
height and also set its overflow property to auto. A
scroll bar will appear whenever the height of the
datagrid exceeds the height of the <div> object.

You may also investigate the Paging capabilities of the
data grid control t limit the number of rows displayed
per page. Quite impressive.

Good luck !

Ben