Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Dropdownlist in web application similar to DropDown in windows

Dropdownlist in web application similar to DropDown in windows

Guogang

I want to have a DropDownList in web application that behaves similar to
DropDown in windows control. i.e., if user can not find what they want in
the dropdown list, they can simply type their choice in the text box, and
submit that to our web server.

Is there a nice solution for this?

I am considering using a textbox + DropDownList. But that looks ugly in
DataGrid.

Thanks
Guogang

Alvin Bruney

how about the combo listbox available at your favorite visual studio.net IDE

--

-----------
Got TidBits?
"Guogang" <nospam@no_such_domain.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to have a DropDownList in web application that behaves similar to
> DropDown in windows control. i.e., if user can not find what they want in
> the dropdown list, they can simply type their choice in the text box, and
> submit that to our web server.
>
> Is there a nice solution for this?
>
> I am considering using a textbox + DropDownList. But that looks ugly in
> DataGrid.
>
> Thanks
> Guogang

Guogang

Is ComboBox available to web application?

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...