Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Error in __doPostBack when installing .Net 1.1 with 1.0

Error in __doPostBack when installing .Net 1.1 with 1.0

Miguel Figueroa

Hi,

I'm (and I thing a lot of guys are) having problems with
the __doPostBack javascript function. This due to the
installation of .Net 1.1 on my pc containing the .Net 1.0
The project I'm working on it, targets the .Net 1.0 (has
not been migrated to .Net 1.1).

Problem description:
Object expected.
Code:
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase
().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
theform = document.forms
["Layout:frmLayout"];
}
else {
theform =
document.Layout:frmLayout;
}
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value =
eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value =
eventArgument;
theform.submit();
}

As you can see the code document.Layout:frmLayout;
is invalid in JavaScript because of the :frmLayout

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Miguel,

This is a well-known bug and its already fixed in a patch release by
Microsoft, sorry I dont have the link handy but you should not have much
trouble in finding it, just google for it or search microsoft.com

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

"Miguel Figueroa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:021001c397ef$ce1c3980$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm (and I thing a lot of guys are) having problems with
> the __doPostBack javascript function. This due to the
> installation of .Net 1.1 on my pc containing the .Net 1.0
> The project I'm working on it, targets the .Net 1.0 (has
> not been migrated to .Net 1.1).
>
> Problem description:
> Object expected.
> Code:
> function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
> var theform;
> if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase
> ().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
> theform = document.forms
> ["Layout:frmLayout"];
> }
> else {
> theform =
> document.Layout:frmLayout;
> }
> theform.__EVENTTARGET.value =
> eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
> theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value =
> eventArgument;
> theform.submit();
> }
>

> As you can see the code document.Layout:frmLayout;
> is invalid in JavaScript because of the :frmLayout

Kirill Ritvinsky

Deep problem description, workarounds and patches are here:

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.a...&PostID=191690

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP] wrote:

> Hi Miguel,
>
> This is a well-known bug and its already fixed in a patch release by
> Microsoft, sorry I dont have the link handy but you should not have much
> trouble in finding it, just google for it or search microsoft.com

--
Best wishes,
Kirill Ritvinsky