Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Elapsed Time

Elapsed Time

Jim Beatty

Hello All,

Sorta in a sticky wicket here. Trying to utilize a
timer to show ticks of a clock in a label so I can have
elapsed time showing while a cirtian job is running. I
guess what I'm trying to say is how do you get such
functionality from the timer and what would that do as far
as compute cycles. I already have a mandate that States
this cannot be performed from the Server side due to
security issues.

William Ryan

YOu can use
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...CountTopic.asp
Environment.Tickcount without implementing a timer. It's not a security
issue b/c it's a Property of the application, it exists whether you want it
to or not. Works just like a timer though..so this should fix your problem.

HTH,

Bill
news:08d501c394da$c471ce80$(E-Mail Removed)...

Date::Manip hours elapsed not business hours elapsed rutherf Perl Misc 2 10-28-2006 08:05 AM
OT: PHP elapsed time question... Noozer HTML 4 03-25-2006 01:44 PM
Determining actual elapsed (wall-clock) time Peter Hansen Python 13 07-07-2005 10:20 PM
elapsed time of a program spider12 Java 5 07-21-2004 09:14 PM
getting elapsed time in milliseconds Thomas Baier C++ 6 09-22-2003 01:51 AM

Advertisments