Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > asp:calendar - Why is "SelectedDate" a linkbutton but there is no event to catch?

asp:calendar - Why is "SelectedDate" a linkbutton but there is no event to catch?

Sally

10-16-2003
OnSelectionChanged is only fired when you select a date DIFFERENT then
SelectedDate. Why is the SelectedDate a link button if I cannot catch
the event? Do I have to put in my own code in OnBubbleEvent?
-sal

Sally

11-11-2003
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Sally) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> OnSelectionChanged is only fired when you select a date DIFFERENT then
> SelectedDate. Why is the SelectedDate a link button if I cannot catch
> the event? Do I have to put in my own code in OnBubbleEvent?
> -sal

Anyone?

Keith Smith [MSFT]

12-06-2003
Hello Sal,

The Calendar.SelectionChanged event is the correct event for tracking when selection is changed. I'm curious to know why you wish to react to the user selecting a date that is already selected
considering once a date is selected it is no longer hyperlinked (i.e., the linkbutton no longer has a link).

Depending on your scenario, if you absolutely need to provide a mechanism for tracking selection of an already selected date, you may try adding a new linkbutton to that date's control collection
and responding to its selection event separately.

Keith

--------------------
>From: (E-Mail Removed) (Sally)
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls
>Subject: Re: asp:calendar - Why is "SelectedDate" a linkbutton but there is no event to catch?
>Date: 10 Nov 2003 17:30:51 -0800
>Organization: http://groups.google.com
>Lines: 7
>Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>
>References: <(E-Mail Removed) >
>NNTP-Posting-Host: 66.65.172.207
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>X-Trace: posting.google.com 1068514251 19517 127.0.0.1 (11 Nov 2003 01:30:51 GMT)
>X-Complaints-To: (E-Mail Removed)
>NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:30:51 +0000 (UTC)
>Path: cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!news-out.cwix.com!newsfeed.cwix.com!news.maxwell.syr.ed u!postnews1.google.com!not-for-mail
>Xref: cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls:16054
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls
>
>(E-Mail Removed) (Sally) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
>> OnSelectionChanged is only fired when you select a date DIFFERENT then
>> SelectedDate. Why is the SelectedDate a link button if I cannot catch
>> the event? Do I have to put in my own code in OnBubbleEvent?
>> -sal

>
>Anyone?
>

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.