Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > asp:calendar - Why is "SelectedDate" a linkbutton but there is no event to catch?

asp:calendar - Why is "SelectedDate" a linkbutton but there is no event to catch?

Sally

OnSelectionChanged is only fired when you select a date DIFFERENT then
SelectedDate. Why is the SelectedDate a link button if I cannot catch
the event? Do I have to put in my own code in OnBubbleEvent?
-sal

Sally

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Sally) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> OnSelectionChanged is only fired when you select a date DIFFERENT then
> SelectedDate. Why is the SelectedDate a link button if I cannot catch
> the event? Do I have to put in my own code in OnBubbleEvent?
> -sal

Anyone?

Keith Smith [MSFT]

Hello Sal,

The Calendar.SelectionChanged event is the correct event for tracking when selection is changed. I'm curious to know why you wish to react to the user selecting a date that is already selected
considering once a date is selected it is no longer hyperlinked (i.e., the linkbutton no longer has a link).

Depending on your scenario, if you absolutely need to provide a mechanism for tracking selection of an already selected date, you may try adding a new linkbutton to that date's control collection
and responding to its selection event separately.

Keith

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.