Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to give users rights to turn their wireless cards on and off

How to give users rights to turn their wireless cards on and off

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbg==?=

I want my laptop users to be able to turn their wireless cards on and off
while they are on the road. I want to leave them as a restricted user. How
can I do this? Is their some registry hack I can do to give rights to turn
their wireless cards on and off? We do not have a wireless network.

Thanks,

Dean

Diamontina Cocktail

"Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want my laptop users to be able to turn their wireless cards on and off
> while they are on the road. I want to leave them as a restricted user.
> How
> can I do this? Is their some registry hack I can do to give rights to
> turn
> their wireless cards on and off? We do not have a wireless network.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dean

This is one reason I prefer USB NICs on a non Wi-Fi laptop.

The answer is usually relatively simple and doesn't require a hack. Most
laptops have a simple slider switch which turns it on or off and other have
something like Function-F2 or similar that toggles on or off. Inspect each
laptop and see what is on each one. It may be that simple for you.