John Dalberg

I am looking for a software package hopefully open source for a live chat
system in C#.. one that's similar to phplivesupport.

I have contacted the vendors I found in the component gallery at asp.net
but none have responded!! That's poor customer service for me.

I will probably use an open source one and extend it myself. Any
suggestions?

It needs to satisfy these:
- User, web server and operator are on 3 different machines.
- Operator should be able to get notified when a chat request comes in. The
operator could be working in another Window. Having the chat window get
focus all the time is not an option.

J.

Fluker

Hi John,

It's not difficult to develop it yourselves. The basic faundamental for it
is :

=> Keep a Channel
=> Keep Users hooked to this channel
=> Maintain status (Request,Online,Offline,Chat etc)
=> Keep Messages inserted with related channel.

Both (user and admin) check the db from time to time. Use a "frame 0" to
achieve refresh silently so that users(admin and user) will not notice it.

That's about it !

I have developed software for my company but can't disclose any further.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Flu.

"John Dalberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v84alx7viqm9.215ak7zlfp44$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am looking for a software package hopefully open source for a live chat
> system in C#.. one that's similar to phplivesupport.
>
> I have contacted the vendors I found in the component gallery at asp.net
> but none have responded!! That's poor customer service for me.
>
> I will probably use an open source one and extend it myself. Any
> suggestions?
>
> It needs to satisfy these:
> - User, web server and operator are on 3 different machines.
> - Operator should be able to get notified when a chat request comes in.

The
> operator could be working in another Window. Having the chat window get
> focus all the time is not an option.
>
> J.

TJS

look here

http://www.411asp.net/home/webapps/chat

Chat Server and Chat Client for INTRANET diptanu@gmail.com Java 0 01-30-2006 06:56 PM
How to host live chat? felipao HTML 4 08-20-2004 06:26 AM
How to use ASP.Net make live chat software like LivePerson. imagina ASP .Net 0 08-16-2003 08:54 AM
HowTo: Realtime live chat? Some One HTML 0 08-01-2003 11:08 PM

Advertisments