Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Help: Ambiguous match found

Help: Ambiguous match found

Eidolon

Hi,
I am having a problem with the above mentioned error, "Ambiguous match
found".
I have a new class i defined, PageBase. All my pages inherit from this, and
this in turn inherits from System.Web.UI.Page.
All works fine.

Now, i have a property in the page < Protected ReadOnly Property Action As
String >.
In one of the inherited pages however, there is a new Action property which
should be used, not this one.
So i try to define my new property (a WebForms textbox) as:
< Protected Shadows WithEvents action As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox >
Compiles fine.
When i run it though, i get the error.

Everywhere ive looked i see this was a bug, but is supposed to be fixed in
VS2003/.NET 1.1. Only problem is, im running Studio 2003 and all my
components are framework 1.1 based. So why would i still be getting this
error?

Thanks in advance,
- Eidolon.

Alvin Bruney

either rename your class or use a fully qualified name to decorate it like
instead of
ClassVar var = new ClassVar()
you would say
namespace.smallernamespace.tired.ClassVar new = new blah

news:umPz8#(E-Mail Removed)...

Ambiguous match found. Ben ASP .Net 4 03-23-2010 06:57 AM
Error: Ambiguous match found. =?Utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZHJl?= ASP .Net 4 10-01-2009 01:12 PM
Ambiguous match found aparna ASP .Net 4 03-26-2008 11:28 AM
parser error message: Ambiguous match found Francois ASP .Net 3 05-22-2007 03:29 PM
Parser Error Message: Ambiguous match found. Denon ASP .Net 2 01-02-2004 09:19 AM

Advertisments