Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Debug a .JS file

Debug a .JS file

ruca

Hi,

Can I debug a .JS file present in my web apllication? How?
At this moment it is ignored any breakpoint that I set in .JS file. How can
I resolve this?

--
Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET

Thank's (if you try to help me)
ruca

Marina

You need to attach to the iexplorer process that is the browser window you
are running your app in. Chosing debug in VS.NET and running that way,
attaches to the aspnet process - which is the server side process.

Another way, is to put the word 'debugger' in (or even anything else that
causes an error). This will bring up the ie debug window asking if you want
to debug. You say yes, chose an app with which to debug, and off you go.

"ruca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can I debug a .JS file present in my web apllication? How?
> At this moment it is ignored any breakpoint that I set in .JS file. How

can
> I resolve this?
>

> --
> Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
>
> Thank's (if you try to help me)
> Hope this help you (if I try to help you)
> ruca

Peter O'Reilly

Use the Venkman JavaScript debugger for Mozilla
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/). It's much more robust and
thorough tool than what is provided by Visual Studio.NET.
--
Peter O'Reilly