Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > file upload(htmlfile: access is denied)

file upload(htmlfile: access is denied)

Pedro Rafael

Hello,

i'm trying to use another button (other than "browse...") to throw the
window used to choose the file for upload, something like:
onclick="objUpload.click()", ( being the objUpload a htmlcontrol run
at server of the type file).
But after choosing the file, i click on a button (webcontrol) and then
i get the following error in __doPostBack javascript function:
htmlfile: access is denied.

Why do i get this error message?
Is it possible to do what i want?

Thanks.

P.R.

temo.chalasani@gmail.com

Hi Rafael,
I have the same exact problem.

I think the main issue here is programatically clicking on the file
input control so that the file selection dialog appears. In fact, as
soon as i remove this step, my button click works fine!

Did you find a workaround to this?

cheers,
Temo