Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Sessions

Sessions

Silvia Brunet Jones

I hope this is possible. The Session variable that I am
seting up in the back code of my aspx page is a datatable
with information that include a checkbox. I store this
into the session variable in page load. No I want to
access this session variable contents in client side with
<script language="VBScript">
Sub LoadDoc()
dim dtDocuments
dtDocuments = Session("dtDocuments")
etc.....
</script>
The reazon is because depending on what they check the box
I have an active x control that I need to load some files
depending on which ones the click. I have to load the
datagrid from server side save it in a session variable,
all that I can do, but now I need to retrive the session
variable from client side using vbscript.
PLEASE HELP

Axel Dahmen

Hi, Silvia,

you're unfortunately mixing up client-side and server-side code. DataSet as
well as the Session variable are meant to support the server executable. If
you want to transfer data to the client you'll have to send it manually,
either by using a Web Service or by putting the data into the resulting
HTML.

HTH,
Axel Dahemn

news:0c8101c37e0f$67a12890$(E-Mail Removed)...