Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Distributing the IE WebContols

Distributing the IE WebContols

Anthony Hunter

Does the iewebcontrols.msi file no longer exist for download? It not
then how are the web controls to be distributed? We have created a website
that is being shipped with our product and we require the webcontrols to be
installed. Since I can't find the msi, what are we suppose to do for our
customers?

Thanks,
Anthony

Alvin Bruney

it's a good idea to host the msi on your own webserver that way you aren't
dependent on microsofts blunders.

"Anthony Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does the iewebcontrols.msi file no longer exist for download? It not
> then how are the web controls to be distributed? We have created a website
> that is being shipped with our product and we require the webcontrols to

be
> installed. Since I can't find the msi, what are we suppose to do for our
> customers?
>

> Thanks,
> Anthony

Anthony Hunter

What exactly do you mean?

Anthony

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> it's a good idea to host the msi on your own webserver that way you aren't
> dependent on microsofts blunders.
>
> "Anthony Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does the iewebcontrols.msi file no longer exist for download? It

not
> > then how are the web controls to be distributed? We have created a

website
> > that is being shipped with our product and we require the webcontrols to

> be
> > installed. Since I can't find the msi, what are we suppose to do for our
> > customers?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Anthony

Alvin Bruney

put the .msi file on your webserver, and link to it in your setup program.
Your setup program will go out to your webserver and install the files
during the installation process.