Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > edit/update in Datagrid

edit/update in Datagrid

Ignacio Martinez

Hey group!
I created a Datagrid with Edit/update commands, and it works great, but I
need to change the size of the textbox's that are shwon on my non-readonly
columns.
Is this possible? and Is it possible to get a binded dropdownlist instead of
a textbox on edit mode?

thanx in advance!
Ignacio

vMike

Try something like this (snip). you will have to play with it a bit as one
box seems to effect the size of the other.

Public Sub Display2_ItemDataBound(sender As Object, e As
DataGridItemEventArgs)

if display2.EditItemIndex > -1 then
if display2.EditItemIndex = e.item.itemindex then
ctype(e.Item.Cells(3).controls(0),textbox).Width = Unit.Pixel(35)
ctype(e.Item.Cells(6).controls(0),textbox).Width = Unit.Pixel(45)
ctype(e.Item.Cells(7).controls(0),textbox).Width = Unit.Pixel(35)

"Ignacio Martinez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey group!
> I created a Datagrid with Edit/update commands, and it works great, but I
> need to change the size of the textbox's that are shwon on my non-readonly
> columns.
> Is this possible? and Is it possible to get a binded dropdownlist instead

of
> a textbox on edit mode?
>
> thanx in advance!
> Ignacio

Re: Datagrid: how cut short display of a long description in a datagrid column Brian K. Williams ASP .Net 0 03-02-2004 08:35 PM
RE: Datagrid: how cut short display of a long description in a datagrid column =?Utf-8?B?U3VyZXNo?= ASP .Net 0 03-02-2004 08:31 PM
datagrid in datagrid BK Kim ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:34 AM
Call Datagrid Command column outside datagrid Dave ASP .Net 0 11-20-2003 11:11 AM