Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Accessing ASP.NET Cache

Reply
Thread Tools

Accessing ASP.NET Cache

 
 
Daren
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2004
Hi all,

I need to update the cache of a third party asp.net application when a
user makes a change to a particular table in a SQL Server database (so
the changes appear immediately in the browser). I have a trigger on
the table that calls a COM wrapper, and inside that are calls to a
..net dll.

I've managed to get everthing working together, but I can not seem to
access the cache for the asp.net application from the .net dll.

I have tried httpcontext.current.cache and httpruntime.cache, but both
appear to be empty (even though I know the cache is not empty).

Does any one know how I access an applications cache? Can it even be
done?

Thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ashish M Bhonkiya
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2004
Hi Daren,

> I need to update the cache of a third party asp.net application when a
> user makes a change to a particular table in a SQL Server database (so
> the changes appear immediately in the browser). I have a trigger on
> the table that calls a COM wrapper, and inside that are calls to a
> .net dll.


if you want to just invalidate the cache whenever you are updating a
particular table then create the cache with filedependency on
"someblank.txt" file. Write a trigger that always overwrites this blankfile
whenever the values in the table is updated.

also please take a look here
http://authors.aspalliance.com/nauti...SqlCache_Part1

HTH
Regards
Ashish M Bhonkiya

"Daren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I need to update the cache of a third party asp.net application when a
> user makes a change to a particular table in a SQL Server database (so
> the changes appear immediately in the browser). I have a trigger on
> the table that calls a COM wrapper, and inside that are calls to a
> .net dll.
>
> I've managed to get everthing working together, but I can not seem to
> access the cache for the asp.net application from the .net dll.
>
> I have tried httpcontext.current.cache and httpruntime.cache, but both
> appear to be empty (even though I know the cache is not empty).
>
> Does any one know how I access an applications cache? Can it even be
> done?
>
> Thanks!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
daren
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2004

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for replying.

I do not have the source code of the asp.net application, so presumably
I can not link the application cache to a file? Sorry for my ignorance,
this is all new to me!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.


*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
 
Reply With Quote
 
coollzh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2004
you can not do that way, because your dll and asp.net run in tow defferent
process, you can not access the memory of asp.net appDomain

"Daren" <(E-Mail Removed)> ????
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I need to update the cache of a third party asp.net application when a
> user makes a change to a particular table in a SQL Server database (so
> the changes appear immediately in the browser). I have a trigger on
> the table that calls a COM wrapper, and inside that are calls to a
> .net dll.
>
> I've managed to get everthing working together, but I can not seem to
> access the cache for the asp.net application from the .net dll.
>
> I have tried httpcontext.current.cache and httpruntime.cache, but both
> appear to be empty (even though I know the cache is not empty).
>
> Does any one know how I access an applications cache? Can it even be
> done?
>
> Thanks!



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ashish M Bhonkiya
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2004
Sorry without the code i cannot help you.


"daren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Hi Ashish,
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> I do not have the source code of the asp.net application, so presumably
> I can not link the application cache to a file? Sorry for my ignorance,
> this is all new to me!
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks.
>
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASP.NET Cache vs Window System Cache Sergey via DotNetMonster.com ASP .Net 0 11-15-2006 03:33 PM
no-cache - need to reload page from server and not the cache John HTML 2 10-29-2006 05:35 PM
client-side cache vs server-side cache vs ajax vs asp.net callback =?Utf-8?B?b25l?= ASP .Net 1 03-08-2006 12:25 PM
Page.Cache vs HttpContext.Current.Cache DesignerX ASP .Net 5 01-20-2004 10:55 PM
Cache::Cache Stale Segments Jeff Nokes Perl 0 09-30-2003 04:34 PM



Advertisments