Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Displaying exchange calendar info in a ASP.NET web application

Displaying exchange calendar info in a ASP.NET web application

Chris Spurgeon

For a intranet application I'm building, there's a requirement that I
retrieve and display the forthcoming appointments for a number of users.
The client company uses Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I gather that I can use CDO
to retrieve calendar information from the Exchange, but I have not been able
to come up with a code example of how to do it. For that matter, I can't
seem to find documentation on the CDO SDK. My questions are...

1) Is CDO the best way to do this task?
2) If not, what do you suggest?
3) If so, does anyone have a URL for the CDO SDK?
4) Most importantly, does anyone have any code samples I can take a look at?
(Either VB.NET or C# is fine).

Thanks....

Chris Spurgeon

estafford

Might start looking here.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/dnexch55/ht
ml/msdn_introcdo.asp
<watch for the line wrap>

ES

"Chris Spurgeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> For a intranet application I'm building, there's a requirement that I
> retrieve and display the forthcoming appointments for a number of users.
> The client company uses Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I gather that I can use

CDO
> to retrieve calendar information from the Exchange, but I have not been

able
> to come up with a code example of how to do it. For that matter, I can't
> seem to find documentation on the CDO SDK. My questions are...
>
> 1) Is CDO the best way to do this task?
> 2) If not, what do you suggest?
> 3) If so, does anyone have a URL for the CDO SDK?
> 4) Most importantly, does anyone have any code samples I can take a look

at?
> (Either VB.NET or C# is fine).
>
> Thanks....
>

> Chris Spurgeon
> (E-Mail Removed)

Chris Spurgeon

Hmm, a little bit of help there (thanks), but fairly unclear partial
example. Anyone know of a decent example?

Chris

"estafford" <estafford your pants @newmancom.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Might start looking here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/dnexch55/ht
> ml/msdn_introcdo.asp
> <watch for the line wrap>
>
> ES
>
> "Chris Spurgeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > For a intranet application I'm building, there's a requirement that I
> > retrieve and display the forthcoming appointments for a number of users.
> > The client company uses Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I gather that I can use

> CDO
> > to retrieve calendar information from the Exchange, but I have not been

> able
> > to come up with a code example of how to do it. For that matter, I

can't
> > seem to find documentation on the CDO SDK. My questions are...
> >
> > 1) Is CDO the best way to do this task?
> > 2) If not, what do you suggest?
> > 3) If so, does anyone have a URL for the CDO SDK?
> > 4) Most importantly, does anyone have any code samples I can take a look

> at?
> > (Either VB.NET or C# is fine).
> >
> > Thanks....
> >

> > Chris Spurgeon
> > (E-Mail Removed)

Gareth Gale

afaik, I believe there is *no way* of interfacing via CDO to Exchange
5.5 if you are doing so from a .net client (need Exchange 2000 or
higher). See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/cdo.htm (third paragraph)

Sue Mosher [MVP]

CDO 1.21 is officially unsupported in .Net, but I've heard of people using it. Perhaps your mileage will vary.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of