Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Handling the return key in a textbox

Handling the return key in a textbox

Nigel Findlater

Hallo Everyone,

I have an ASPX page with a textbox. If a user enters
return I would like the form to be posted or a specific
button to be activated.

Any ideas?

I was thinking about using the autopostback function but
this would mean every keystroke in this textbox would
cause a round trip to the server..

Nigel...

Martin Johnson

You can handle that in a javascript function and then
submit the page