Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > IRootDesigner in ASP.NET

IRootDesigner in ASP.NET

Mihail Luca

Hi !
After the first researches I found out that with WebForms there is no easy
way to implement an IRootDesigner.
After inspecting the Web.UI.Page class I have found that it uses these
attribute:
[ DesignerAttribute(typeof(
Microsoft.VSDesigner.WebForms.WebFormDesigner) ),
System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("A SPXCodeBehind"),
System.ComponentModel.DefaultEventAttribute("Load" ),
System.ComponentModel.ToolboxItemAttribute(false)]

My ideea was to inherit from Web.UI.Page, and to put my own Designer
attribute instead of the default one. I have tried to derive from the
WebFormDesigner, but it doesn"t work. It doesn"t call even the constructor.

Does anyone has the smallest ideea how can i enter in the design time chain
of the Page object ?

Thank you,
Mihail

Andrew

I haven't seen many threads on this subject so I did a test.

The constructor doesn't get called, but I noticed that if you change the
DefaultEventAttribute To PreRender instead of load, you will see the
behavior change in VS.
Double clicking on the page to get to code view generates the Page_PreRender
so some of the stuff has an effect.

-Andrew

"Mihail Luca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23PuH$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi !
> After the first researches I found out that with WebForms there is no easy
> way to implement an IRootDesigner.
> After inspecting the Web.UI.Page class I have found that it uses these
> attribute:
> [ DesignerAttribute(typeof(
> Microsoft.VSDesigner.WebForms.WebFormDesigner) ),
> System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("A SPXCodeBehind"),
> System.ComponentModel.DefaultEventAttribute("Load" ),
> System.ComponentModel.ToolboxItemAttribute(false)]
>
> My ideea was to inherit from Web.UI.Page, and to put my own Designer
> attribute instead of the default one. I have tried to derive from the
> WebFormDesigner, but it doesn"t work. It doesn"t call even the

constructor.

> Does anyone has the smallest ideea how can i enter in the design time

chain
> of the Page object ?
>
> Thank you,
> Mihail

Andrew

Sorry all,
To quick on the reply,I didn't see the long list of groups in the "to"
I didn't mean to crosspost the reply.

I am however intentionaly cross posting this message

-Andrew

news:(E-Mail Removed)...