Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > problem with name created when control is rendered.

problem with name created when control is rendered.

Sean Gamino

Hello,
I am creating a html server control that is in a datalist. I need to access
this controls value on the client via javascript but the name is being
overwritten with a unique value generated by ASP.Net. This makes it rather
impossible to access the control in javascript because I do not know what
the name of the control is.

Is there a way I can keep the original name that I assign it?

Thanks,
Sean Gamino

John Saunders

You're better off telling your JavaScript code what the unique ID of the
control actually is.

If your control is in a datalist, won't there be multiple copies of it? In
that case, you _need_ unique IDs.

--
John Saunders
Internet Engineer