Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Automatically Close PopUp Window Containing XLS Sheet

Automatically Close PopUp Window Containing XLS Sheet

crjunk

I have a report that I am exporting to an excel spreadsheet. This
excel file is displayed to the user in a new popup window. I am using
the user's session ID to name the excel file.

If the user's session ID is "ABCDEFG12345", then everytime the user
generates an excel file, that file is named "ABCDEFG12345.xls". If a
file with this name already exist, then the new file will write over
the existing one.

So far this all works fine except for one thing.

If the user does not close the popup window that is displaying the
excel file and then tries to generate another excel file, they will
receive the following message, "A Document witht the name
'ABCDEFG12345.xls' is already open. You cannot open two documents
with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders.
To open the second document, either close the document that's
currectly open or rename one of the documents."

Is there a way to automatically close this popup window that is
created if the user decided to generate another excel file?

Saravana

Check out this article, here i am closing popup window programatically. I
hope this helps you
http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/...ndarinASP.aspx

--
Saravana