Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Win 2008 access to "'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\..."

Win 2008 access to "'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\..."

Rep Ronnie

Hi all

Just setting up a live site on a fresh installation of windows2008 server,
or first one (usually its 2003)

Encountering a number of problems relating to security, an example being in
the event log

"w3wp.exe
NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
HttpException
The current identity (XXXX\YYYY) does not have write access to
'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files'.
"

and another example being..
"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its
dependencies. Access is denied"

Now my security man is telling me that user XXXX\YYYY has full access and is
domain admin (as we usually set up), and tells me there is nothing more that
can be done with respect to access.

The web application itself has impersonation set up for XXXX\YYYY and I've
kind of hit a brick wall that hasn't been there in the past for other servers

Please can someone give me some guidance here, even if its 'wrong group,
post to windows 2008 server security of something"

Your help greatly appreciated.

Rep Ronnie

Hi

I since solved my own problem, I had to run aspnet_regiis -ga

-ga giving credentials of an admin user of the machine. All fine now