Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > .net equivalent of winscrypt

.net equivalent of winscrypt

ceh

Hi, I have to encrypt something on windows.
The encrypter will be a web page, likely aspx
The decrypter will likely be a c++ win32 app
Is there a direct mapping between the .net encryption stuff and
windows api?

Eg
System.Security.Cryptography.*Decrypt* == CryptDecryptMessage() ?

I'd imagine I'd have to do this as follows
Create an encryption lib in win32
Wrap it with COM
Use it on the web page to encrypt data
Use the same lib from the native side to decrypt it.

But I'm hoping I can just find the right .net class to do this and
avoid having the com layer.
Is this possible?

Please don't read too much into this caveat wise. I just want to get
pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

Ankur

test