Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > HRESULT: 0X80070490 with Azman and AD LDS on 2008 server

HRESULT: 0X80070490 with Azman and AD LDS on 2008 server

Ken

So I unistall everything and re-started from scratch following this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998331.aspx (though my app is WPF
and not ASP. This was the best official documentation I could find). Now I
see all the Azman information inside ADAM as it should be. BUT, I still get
the exception above!
--
Thank you,
Ken

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

> Is it possible the snap-in is referencing the old ADAM server instead of the
> new LDS instance?
>
> One easy way to have done this would have been to make the LDS server a
> replica in a configuration set with the original ADAM so that AzMan could
> basically use either store interchangeably and you could master the actual
> policy information from either of them.
>
> However, it sounds like you might need to do some sort of export/import or
> something. It is a little hard to visualize without seeing it, but I
> suspect that there is a simple explanation here somewhere.

> http://www.directoryprogramming.net
> "Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Joe,
> > You're right. I missing a lot of AzMan data in the AD LDS of the 2008
> > machine: there's no OU=MyDomain Accounts,DC=MyDomain,DC=LOCAL node and the
> > ForeignSecurityPrincipal Node is almost empty. I don't know what could
> > have
> > caused it and how come my AzMan contains all the right information? Where
> > does it actually stores it if I can't see it in the AD LDS?
> > --
> > Thank you,
> > Ken
> >

> > "Joe Kaplan" wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, that's an attribute called "configurationFile" that contains a string
> >> that has some XML in it. It sounds like this attribute has been added to
> >> the class schema for the root object type (domainDNS is what you are
> >> using)
> >> or probably it was added to the "top" class which is the base of all the
> >> schema types.
> >>
> >> However, that's an ADAMSync config file, not something having to do with
> >> AzMan. As such I'm not sure it is related at all.
> >>
> >> Where is the AzMan data in both directories?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
> >> Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services
> >> Programming"
> >> http://www.directoryprogramming.net
> >> "Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Joe Kaplan

I'm out of ideas then. You may need to go to MS support on this. Maybe one
of the guys who monitors the newsgroup will pick this up.

At least your ADAM/LDS is in better shape now.