Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > : Remote access and ASP.Net security

: Remote access and ASP.Net security

Dweeberella

I created an Access 2007 application for my customer. The application is
shared by three employees on a server. It maintains a contact list including
financial data and social security numbers.

Now they want to share this Access application with employees at a remote
office. They expect to have a maximum of 30 employees editing the client
list in both the local and remote offices. So, I'm looking for a solution
that will allow for growth -- so that more users can securely edit their
contact list - both locally and remotely.

Do you think the following is a secure solution to allow remote access
assuming that their network is secure?

1) Convert the Access front-end to ASP.Net by using Visual Web Developer
2008 Express with SP 1.

2) Convert the Access 2007 back-end to SQL Server 2008 Express.

3) Keep the reports in Access 2007 since only one user needs the reports.
Connect the Access reports to client data maintained in SQL Server 2008
Express.

Does the above software operate smoothly together under .Net Framework 3.5 ?

I will be very grateful to hear suggestions about what we need to consider
if we move forward with an ASP.Net solution.