Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Can i use Roles created in asp.net web Admin tool with Windows Auth?

Can i use Roles created in asp.net web Admin tool with Windows Auth?

rote

I'm using the sqlsitemapprovider class from here:

and in my webconfig file i have the below:

My treeview can read data from the table and its all good but i want to
enable securitytrimming using the groups from active Directory that is
stored in the DB

but it doesn't work

any ideas!!

If i don't use AD roles can i use Windows auth in my asp.net Web Site Admin
Tool by creating roles there and using it.
Which mean users can login using there windows acct and then do
authorization using the roles in asp.net Web Site Admin Tool?

<siteMap defaultProvider="SqlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">

<providers>

<add name="SqlSiteMapProvider" type="SqlSiteMapProvider"

securityTrimmingEnabled="true"

connectionStringName="SiteMapConnectionString" />

<!--

<add name="XmlSiteMapProvider" type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider"
siteMapFile="web.SiteMap" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />

-->

</providers>

</siteMap>