Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Impersonation and Anonymous User

Impersonation and Anonymous User

msnews.microsoft.com

Hi All

I have a web application in which I have to start and stop different
services on local machine as well as on network machines. I have used
Impersonation to acheive the functionality. The problem I am facing is that
I have to turn off the anonymous users account on website but when I turned
on anonymous users account then impersonation stops working. And when I turn
off the anonymous user account then impersonation works but my web
application is no more accessible from any network computer. I want both
anonymous user and impersonation to work at the same time on same web
application. Any help regarding the issue is appreciated.

Thank You
Fiaz

Alexey Smirnov

On Aug 28, 2:46*pm, "msnews.microsoft.com" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I want both anonymous user and impersonation to work at the same time
> on same web application.

Don't you think it is absurd? It's clear why you need an
impersonation, it's not clear why you need both. Maybe you can disable
impersonation by default and impersonate a user programmatically.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...sonate+asp.net