Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Server has rejected the client credentials

Server has rejected the client credentials

danielmoreshet@gmail.com

Hello, I need help.

I've built a remoting application.
I made the client and server "according to the book".
On the same machine it worked fine, but when I put on two machines (on
the same Lan and same domain)
I got this error "The server rejected the client credentials".
This are the methods in the client side:
private void RegisterChannel()

{

TcpChannel chan = new TcpChannel();

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(chan,true);

}

private ServerTest GetServerTestObj()

{

return (ServerTest)Activator.GetObject(typeof(ServerTest) , "tcp://
192.168.10.13:8085/ServerTest");

}

I've looked through a lot of sites to find an answer, and the only I
found was of

Steven Cheng, who suggested the following fix:

1. In ControlPanel --> AdministrativeTools --> LocalSecuritySettings --

UserRightsAssignment, Add either 'Everyone' or 'AuthenticatedUsers' to
the
'Access This Computer From The Network' Policy. (This might be what
is
happening when a printer or folder is shared)

2. In ControlPanel --> AdministrativeTools --> LocalSecuritySettings --

SecurityOptions, Set the 'Network access: Sharing and security model
for
local accounts' to 'classic - local users authenticate as themselves'.
(I
think this solves the second issue. if this is not done then
impersonation
and also 'protectionLevel' other than 'None' does not work.

My Problem is:

I've checked both issues on my server side and both were as
suggested,

UserRightsAssignment includes Everyone, and, 'Network access: Sharing
and security model for
local accounts' to 'classic - local users authenticate as themselves'

So what else could be my problem ?

If steven reads my post' please try to help, I am stuck in the middle
of a project.

Thanks, Daniel.