Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Displaying one-to-many data on web form page

Displaying one-to-many data on web form page

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Charlie,

That sounds like a job for the free HierarGrid control that handles a
hierarchical dataset with relations:

"I have created a custom control called HierarGrid that derives from the
DataGrid and a custom DataGridColumn called HierarColumn.

The HierarGrid takes a DataSet that contains relations between the tables.

While iterating over the parent table it checks the related tables for child
rows and if one is found it dynamically loads a template for the child
row(s).

The template is rendered invisibly into the custom HierarColumn and when the
user clicks the plus icon, the template content is copied via JavaScript
into a newly created TableRow."

http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETCont...ierarGrid.aspx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie@CBFC