Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Authentication Not working from 1 client

Authentication Not working from 1 client

SpankyATL

I have an asp.net 1.1 application running on a server on a different network.
It runs fine when clients have been accessing it. However there is 1 server
from which the forms authentication doesn't work. Basically when I try to
access the application I get directed to the login page and when I submit
this page it comes right back to the login again without any kind of error.

I know the original submit is working because I can see the call to sql
server verifying my id and password. I'm thinking it could be a setting on
this 1 client but I'm not sure how to approach it or what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Erik

Joe Kaplan

It sounds like there might be a problem with cookies for this one browser.
If possible, I would have the affected client install a tool like
IEHttpHeaders (www.blunck.info) and get a trace of the HTTP headers being
sent with each request. That would help determine if this particular
browser is not sending the forms auth cookie back to the server in
subsequent requests to the application after it has been set initially.

Joe K.
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
news:(E-Mail Removed)...