Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > SAML 2.0 and .NET integration

SAML 2.0 and .NET integration

wardy

hi all,

I have a requirement to investigate the possibility of having a .NET
application integrate with SAML 2.0 in a federated authentication
environment to allow for single sign-on behaviour. However, I am
having a lot of difficulty finding any examples/samples/articles on
integrating .NET with SAML for authentication, and have even come
across some articles (though they are old) indicating that Microsoft
does not plan to support the SAML 2.0 specification.

Does anyone have any knowledge in this area that could point me in the
right direction for:

1. Is Microsoft supporting SAML 2.0 from .NET?
2. Code samples/examples of using SAML from .NET

Thanks,

wardy

Misbah Arefin

http://www.componentspace.com/samlcodesamples.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/thehoggblog/ar...-reposted.aspx

--
Misbah Arefin

"wardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all,
>
> I have a requirement to investigate the possibility of having a .NET
> application integrate with SAML 2.0 in a federated authentication
> environment to allow for single sign-on behaviour. However, I am
> having a lot of difficulty finding any examples/samples/articles on
> integrating .NET with SAML for authentication, and have even come
> across some articles (though they are old) indicating that Microsoft
> does not plan to support the SAML 2.0 specification.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge in this area that could point me in the
> right direction for:
>
> 1. Is Microsoft supporting SAML 2.0 from .NET?
> 2. Code samples/examples of using SAML from .NET
>
> Thanks,
>
> wardy

Dominick Baier

The closest to what you are looking for is WCF.

But WCF currently only support SAML 1.0 and 1.1 - there is however a sample
showing how to use SAML 2.0. Maybe this helps.

http://wcf.netfx3.com/files/53/default.aspx

-----

SAML and .NET? Bob ASP .Net 3 11-14-2010 08:56 AM
Apache Axis and SAML hicks@bigmailbox.net Java 1 08-24-2006 04:38 PM
Access Manager (Single Sign On) and SAML Lucas Tam Java 0 03-10-2005 11:25 PM
SAML and .NET? Bob ASP .Net Web Services 2 01-22-2005 06:52 PM
Python and SAML Robert Boyd Python 1 07-20-2004 01:57 PM

Advertisments