Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms based ADauth

Forms based ADauth

sonicysa

since there are a bunch of different containers that hold users and I want to
be able to authenticate any user without much trouble, I tried just using the
ldap string without an ou or cn. Not to mention it would be a headache to
figure out all the different containers to try depending on the user trying
to authenticate.
If I test in code using the validateuser method it returns true for an
existing user but if I use a login control the membership system does not
recognize it or something because it will not forward the visitor on to the
redirect page.
So my string looks like this: "LDAP://dcComputername/DC=x,DC=y,DC=net"
All my web.config settings are pretty much like the examples