Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > XmlSerializer XmlAttributeOverrides Security Exception

XmlSerializer XmlAttributeOverrides Security Exception

Joe Reiss

I'm serializing data from a SQL table to a XML file:

on the line:

XmlSerializer x = new XmlSerializer(typeof(List<y>),o);

where o is a XmlAttributesOverrides object

I get

The action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that
failed was: System.Security.PermissionSet The Zone of the assembly that
failed was: MyComputer
on the hosted server. The above runs fine on my local development machine.
Also, if I don't use the 'o' Overide object it works well on the Hosted
server. Would I need some kind of elevated permission to do this on a
typical shared hosted server?

thanx,
joe