Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > configuring SSL on AD

configuring SSL on AD

xalix79@gmail.com

I'm having trouble with configuring my system for ssl access.

I have two separate server, in the server A I have Active directory,
and in the server B I have a web application in ASP.NET, in which it
make queries to the AD of the server A, using the DirectoryEntry of
System.DirectoryServices.

the problem I am facing is: the password to access with LDAP to AD of
server A is stored as clear string in the web.config, and I need to
encrypted it in the file, and then protect it also during the
transmission on the internet.

I'm trying to do this, encrypting the password portion in the
web.config, and use SSL connection from server B to A to protect the
password. The first part is quite simple, but setting up the second
part is not. Where am I going to set the configuration of SSL, and how
can I sure that the DirectoryEntry's call is using SSL connection?
Can anybody point me to some indication, or some tutorial?

thanks