Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Help Needed on ASP.Net Deployment

Help Needed on ASP.Net Deployment

apondu

Hi Friends...

I have a simple query on building the Web Setup project.
When i build my setup, i see that the code behind the .aspx pages (.cs
code pages) are also included. And when i deploy the project i can see
that even those code files are also deployed on the machine and the
code with in those .cs files can be seen ( read-only format). But i
want the code to be hidden, either those code files should not be
deployed ot they should atleast be encrypted so that my code is safe
and no one can see the code.

Can anyone please help me in achieving this.

Steps i followed in building the Web Project Setup :

1. Add new project from the file menu to my existing project.
2. Selected the Setup and Deployment - > Web Setup Project
3. On file system Editor -> right click on web application folder ->
Add Project Output ->
ContentFiles selected.
4. In Properties Window of File System Editor i set the read only
properties
5. Build the Project.

These are the steps i followed.

Can anyone please help me, and let me know what are the changes i need
to do to protect my code from being included in the web set or
atleast be encrypted so that no one can view the code of my .cs files.

My mail id http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Waiting for response

Thanks

Regards,
Govardhan

Consultant

i get these packages from developers all the time, i have to go back and
delete all the .cs, .resx and .scc files after.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

ronscottlangham@yahoo.com

On Aug 8, 5:20 am, apondu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Friends...
>
> I have a simple query on building the Web Setup project.
> When i build my setup, i see that the code behind the .aspx pages (.cs
> code pages) are also included. And when i deploy the project i can see
> that even those code files are also deployed on the machine and the
> code with in those .cs files can be seen ( read-only format). But i
> want the code to be hidden, either those code files should not be
> deployed ot they should atleast be encrypted so that my code is safe
> and no one can see the code.
>
> Can anyone please help me in achieving this.
>
> Steps i followed in building the Web Project Setup :
>
> 1. Add new project from the file menu to my existing project.
> 2. Selected the Setup and Deployment - > Web Setup Project
> 3. On file system Editor -> right click on web application folder ->
> Add Project Output ->
> ContentFiles selected.
> 4. In Properties Window of File System Editor i set the read only
> properties
> 5. Build the Project.
>
> These are the steps i followed.
>
> Can anyone please help me, and let me know what are the changes i need
> to do to protect my code from being included in the web set or
> atleast be encrypted so that no one can view the code of my .cs files.
>
> My mail id (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Waiting for response
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards,
> Govardhan

Check out add-in for VS2005 that will pre-compile the entire web
project to one more DLLs. Here are some details on it..

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...06/429723.aspx

Check out the add-in for Web Application projects also, this has been
helpful

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx

Ron

Help needed on this 857W config. Repost to be clearer what the problemsare and the help needed sparticle Cisco 3 08-30-2007 07:47 PM
Help Needed on ASP.Net Deployment apondu ASP .Net 0 08-08-2007 10:14 AM
Enterprise Library deployment problem. Why needs to InstallUtil DLLs to the deployment server? If not, Registry Error whould shown. Benny Ng ASP .Net 0 10-03-2005 05:40 AM
Deployment help needed Jon ASP .Net 0 02-25-2005 08:21 PM
Is MS-Windows 2000 Server multilingual version needed for the deployment of multilingual website? JoanneC ASP .Net 0 08-30-2003 03:45 PM

Advertisments